VOCD manual

Amanda Owen Van Horne ajowen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 13:31:03 UTC 2015

Also see

Owen, A. J., & Leonard, L. B. (2002). Lexical Diversity in the Spontaneous
Speech of Children With Specific Language ImpairmentApplication of D.*Journal
of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research*, *45*(5), 927-937.
Bottom line is that VOCD is better than TTR, but less transparent.  It does
still vary with sample size, but to a lesser degree.

McCarthy, P. M., & Jarvis, S. (2010). MTLD, vocd-D, and HD-D: A validation
study of sophisticated approaches to lexical diversity assessment. *Behavior
research methods*, *42*(2), 381-392.
Compares various methods of computing D.  Recommends  a variety of
measures.

Koizumi, R. (2012). Relationships between text length and lexical diversity
measures: can we use short texts of less than 100 tokens. *Vocabulary
Learning and Instruction*, *1*(1), 60-69.
Recommends MLTD