Choppy video playback with MP4

Sophie Ambrose sophie at sophieambrose.com
Fri Dec 4 16:56:05 UTC 2015

We're having trouble getting some of our videos to play in CLAN. The
playback is very choppy. These are MP4 files. There may be a pattern of
larger files giving us more trouble, but some of our large MP4 files play
fine. I just tried converting one to .mov and that fixed the problem, but
before we convert all our videos, I wanted to see if I might be missing
something. We're using Windows 7 and have updated both CLAN and Quicktime.
We have the @Media file written correctly (no file extension, exact file
name, etc.). Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Sophie