transcription trouble

kaygerhold415 via chibolts chibolts at googlegroups.com
Sun Feb 8 20:40:07 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I am attempting to use CLAN to complete a language sample and am having
difficulties with linking the .cha and .mp3 files.  When I press f5 to
transcribe the audio sounds broken and would play parts of the audio and
pause before playing again.  I tried all the troubleshooting strategies I
know (ensuring the most up-to-date CLAN download, uninstall and reinstall
CLAN and quicktime, look at my CLAN settings, etc.).  I eventually found
out that when I would continually move my cursor after I pressed f5 that it
would also me to listen to the audio continuous and create my
bullets.  Once I have it bulleted I am able to listen to each line using
walker controller, which it occasionally "glitching" and I have to move my
cursor to continue the audio per line, OR it plays multiple lines (even
if I had just listened to one line successfully).    I checked all of my
settings and I'm not sure if there is something that I may be missing.
Hope this makes sense.  I appreciate any and all support with this issue.

Best,

Kayla Gerhold