Downloading CLAN on a HP Chromebook

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Thu Feb 12 23:59:33 UTC 2015

Dear Allison,

      I have never seen or used a Chromebook.  What operating system does it use?  CLAN and its installer are designed for OS X and Windows.  I don’t know how well the Chromebook would support other software.  Perhaps the problem is not CLAN,or the browser, but the capabilities of the notebook.  Can she download things like the CLAN manual or data files from the CHILDES web site?

— Brian