Downloading CLAN on a HP Chromebook

Melissa Senor melissasenor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:53:05 UTC 2015

Allison,

I have a Chromebook and you cannot. It is Google applications only
practically and I haven't tried downloading CLAN myself but I know you
can't download any programs. It is a web-based computer. It's practical for
on the go but as Brian said it has it's own operating system, it's not a
Mac or Windows.

On Thursday, February 12, 2015, Brian MacWhinney <macw at cmu.edu> wrote:

> Dear Allison,
>
>       I have never seen or used a Chromebook.  What operating system does
> it use?  CLAN and its installer are designed for OS X and Windows.  I don’t
> know how well the Chromebook would support other software.  Perhaps the
> problem is not CLAN,or the browser, but the capabilities of the notebook.
> Can she download things like the CLAN manual or data files from the CHILDES
> web site?
>
> — Brian
>
> On Feb 12, 2015, at 6:26 PM, Nan Ratner Lab <nanratnerlab at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','nanratnerlab at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> One of the students in our lab was trying to download CLAN on her HP
> Chromebook, however, the software would not download from Google Chrome.
> She could not download Safari or any other internet program to download
> CLAN from either.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Allison Catalano