syntax checking while transcribing

A Cristia alecristia at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 12:17:49 UTC 2015

Dear all,

I'm terribly sorry to ask what might be totally obvious to everyone, except
a newbie like me. When transcribing in CLAN, e.g. in Coder mode, is there a
way to visualize the running transcription in a way that the syntax is
checked as I type? I'm thinking of something like e.g. TextWrangler, which
shows text in different colors according to the syntax of the programming
language being used, and alerts the user of gross syntax errors (typo in
the participant three-letter code, colon missing, space instead of tab, no
period at the end of the line...). Does this exist in CLAN or elsewhere?

Thank you in advance,

-Alex