List of MOR codes

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Fri Nov 6 14:39:20 UTC 2015

Dear Nick,
    The codes vary a bit depending on the language.  Also, we sometimes add codes to further differentiate word classes.  There is a further discussion of this in the article cited at the top of this page  http://childes.talkbank.org/morgrams/
    Each part of speech is listed in a separate file in the mor lexicon for each language and the best way to understand the actual practice in detail is to study the forms in the lexicon.  Also, in the English grammar for example, the first 40 lines of the cr.cut file list all the parts of speech codes being used.

—Brian MacWhinney