Syllable count output?

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Sep 15 16:32:34 UTC 2015

Joe,
    The main line doesn’t deal with syllables and the %pho only does if they are marked.  However, if you take the data into from CHAT into Phon format and use Phon to syllabify then you can compute number of syllables and many other things on this level.
    My guess is that syllables/minute is going to be highly correlated with words/minute which you could compute directly in CLAN.

—Brian