VOCD is too high

Nick Riches nick.riches at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 09:18:27 UTC 2016

Hi

Many thanks for the help. I've just replied to Brian (above). It appears
that this is not a software issue, but one related to norms. The norms I
circulate are those in   Durán, P., Malvern, D., Richards, B., & Chipere,
N. (2004). Developmental Trends in Lexical Diversity. *Applied Linguistics*,
*25*(2), 220–242. http://doi.org/10.1093/applin/25.2.220. But these give a
much lower average D per age-band than your more recent norms, which are
obviously much more comprehensive.

Thanks for the Chapter. I was wondering whether I could distribute it to
students, or whether it is subject to copyright?

That's a great tip about using the variability in D to investigate
plagiarism. Sadly, I can't use it with our students as they collect their
own data...

Best wishes

Nick