RELY questions

Yuriko Oshima-Takane, Dr. yuriko.oshima-takane at mcgill.ca
Tue Dec 20 20:35:40 UTC 2016

Hi Brian,

We are using RELY to calculate agreement rates of coding for MOT and for CHI between the original coder and reliability coder
and have got a few problems:
1.  +c option does not work: it does not ignore mismatches on the headlines and main tiers even though we add +c option. Thus the RELY outputs are exactly the same w/o +c option.
Please see attached output files  with +c option. RHWM20 is the transcript that contains mismatches on the headline and main tiers. And HWM20POlina file is the transcript
without mismatches on the headline and main tiers. I copied and pasted the command I used for RELY  on top of the output as RELY output file does not indicate that;  it replaces the previous output with new one
everytime we run RELY.
2. RELY does not provide RELY outputs for each speaker separately. We used  options +t*MOT -t* to select MOT's %cod only but we got exactly the same outputs for MOT and for CHI.
Is there a way of getting RELY outputs for each speaker separately? Please give us your advice.

Thanks.
Yuriko