Walker Controller Issues

C Johnson cjohn3290 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 21:39:22 UTC 2016

When using the Walker Controller Window to play bullets and transcribe
videos in CLAN, we have been having issues with the video skipping and
repeating itself. After a lot of troubleshooting:

   - Moving the video/ transcript to the computers desktop instead of
   working off of our network drive.
   - Updating Quicktime and CLAN, making sure all program updates were
   installed on iMacs
   - Playing around with video formatting using VLC (Converting to various
   lower bit rates).

We have not been able to resolve this issue. I've noticed that playing the
videos in CLAN by clicking F6 to the left of a bullet without the Walker
Controller window open or just clicking the play button on the video that
is open on CLAN does not not cause the video to skip around.

Both of our computers: A Windows 7 PC (RAM: 4 GB, 64-bit operating system,
 Processor: Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.2GHz 3.10 GHz) and iMac Desktop Computer
(All updated to current apple software) are having this issue.

Our videos average at ~40 minutes total with a data rate of 1.5kbps, Total
bitrate of 1633 kbps, and frame rate of 29 frames per second. The audio for
these videos is 129kbps and sampled at 44 kHz. They are in .mp4 format.

We are working on transcribing samples of stuttering children, so this is
especially problematic. Any input on how to resolve this issue would be
appreciated!

Thanks so much,
Chelsea Johnson
cjohn3290 at gmail.com