Running FREQ for bilingual transcripts

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Wed Jun 29 02:15:24 UTC 2016

Dear Lulu,
Without seeing your transcripts, I can’t say exactly what is wrong.  However, if you run this similar command on the CharlotteEng folder in the YipMatthews corpus, you get good results:

freq +t*CHI +s"[- yue]" *.cha

The idea is that this will include all words on the [- yue] lines including those with @s, although the latter are pretty rare.  If you want to exclude those, just add –s”*@s”

-- Brian MacWhinney