Searching for affixes in Catalan

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue May 10 09:40:27 UTC 2016

Dear aw1027,
   This is not going to be either easy or accurate.  You would have to list all the productive suffixes and run a search for each on the main line.  For example, for the suffix -ar, you would have +s”*ar” and you would end up with a lot of the infinitives, but also many other words that just happen to end in -ar.  You would go through the results and filter out the irrelevant cases. You would have to do this for all the suffixes of Catalan.

— Brian MacWhinney