new web pages

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Mon Oct 3 03:06:24 UTC 2016

Dear Info-CHILDES and CHIBolts,

  Over the last three months, we have been implementing a new system for documenting CHILDES corpora.  Instead of combining the corpus documentation into MS-Word files, we have created separate web pages for each corpus.  The top of this system starts at the link on the CHILDES home page called **Index to Corpora** .  This then goes to a web page with links to the 19 groups of corpora. For each of these there is a third-level page listing the corpora for that language or corpus type.
  Using this access method, you eventually end up with a page for the corpus that interests you with a photo from the contributor(s), citation information, ages of the chidlren, description of the project, a DOI (digital object identifier) and ISBN for citation in people’s vitas, and contact information for the contributor.
  At both of these last levels there are also links provided for downloading the transcripts and the media.

I hope that people find that this new system  provides more transparent access to corpora.

In several cases, we seem to have lost track of the original contributors, making it impossible to include their photos and contact information.  If you how to reach any of these contributors, please send me a note at macw at cmu.edu, so I can contact them:

Bob Jones  (Welsh corpus)
Magda Krupa-Kwiatowska (once at UCSD, biingual corpus)
Maria Jesus Perez-Bazan (once at Michigan, bilingual corpus)
Teresa Fernanda de Vega Losada (CORDIS corpus)
Paola Cipriani, Giuseppe Cappelli or others working on the Calambrone corpus
Ana Maria Guimaraes (Porto Alegre corpora)
Valentin Remedi (at the University of Cordoba, Argentina)
Maria-Llanos Luque Sanchez ( at the University of the Basque Country)

Many thanks,

-- Brian MacWhinney