Question on the repeat symbol

bwv141 at gmail.com bwv141 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 12:41:39 UTC 2016

Hello,

This question is related to Sabrina's original one. I am a little confused
about use of the repetition symbol [/]. It seems that retracing is
something different to simply repeating a word - perhaps for emphasis. Is
there a way to mark where a speaker repeats a word for emphasis (e.g., run
run run!) differently than retracing (e.g., I thought I thought that you
wanted to come)? Or does it not matter that the same symbol is used because
the point is to remove it from affecting MLU and other calculations?

Many thanks
Vic