Preparing for MOR on language with no MOR grammar

Carmel O'Shannessy carmelos at umich.edu
Thu Sep 29 15:31:50 UTC 2016

Thanks Leonid, attached is a zip file of the MOR folder. Originally someone
formatted everything for me, so maybe there were changes to files that I
didn't know about.

Carmel

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 5:26 PM, Leonid Spektor <spektor at andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> Carmel,
>
>     Your folder structure is correct and your example lex01.cut is in the
> right format. One reason for MOR failure to identify words could be an
> error in cr.cut rules. To be able to trace the problem we would need an
> archive of the whole MOR folder.
>
> Leonid.
>

> On 28-09-16 16:28, Carmel O'Shannessy wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I've used MOR previously with the lex.cut files for this language, Light
> Warlpiri, but have problems now. The program output says that it has seen
> all of the lex.cut files, but it outputs every word as an unknown word.
> Attached is a pic of my folder structure, an example of a lex.cut file and
> of a file I want to run MOR on. This is on a Mac 10.11.6 (El Capitan). The
> cex file is in a folder in the Working directory. Thanks for your help!
> Carmel
> msgid/chibolts/97b95eae-d27a-406b-85ef-6f15f6a58661%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chibolts/97b95eae-d27a-406b-85ef-6f15f6a58661%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

> msgid/chibolts/ea1e6aa1-ca22-f64c-7f37-2135e373edf3%40andrew.cmu.edu
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chibolts/ea1e6aa1-ca22-f64c-7f37-2135e373edf3%40andrew.cmu.edu?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>

Carmel O'Shannessy, Assoc. Prof.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~carmelos/
Department of Linguistics
University of Michigan
440 Lorch Hall, 611 Tappan Street
Ann Arbor, MI, 48109-1220
Ph: US  +1 734 764 0353  Aust +61 499 602 352
ARC Centre of Excellence for the Dynamics of Language - Associate Researcher
http://www.dynamicsoflanguage.edu.au/