participant information from header not reflected in excel output

A Cristia alecristia at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 18:19:48 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I'm trying to get counts of word tokens by different speakers, classified
by their role (mother, father, adult, brother, etc.) Since role information
is specified in the header, I thought I could just do

freq -t*CHI  +d3 +f"_TEST_" @

However, when I ran it for instance on the 04daniel.cha file provided in
the tutorial folder (provided in the CLAN folder), I get the following
output:
File Language Corpus Speaker Age Sex Group SES Role Education Custom field
Types Token TTR
This TTR number was not calculated on the basis of %mor line forms.

If you want a TTR based on lemmas, run FREQ on the %mor line.

04daniel,/Users/acristia/Desktop/04daniel . . *INV: . . . . . . . 22 25
0.880
04daniel,/Users/acristia/Desktop/04daniel . . *PAR: . . . . . . . 50 71
0.704

Notice that role information (and even language and corpus) are missing.

The header in the .cha file looks correct to me:
@ID:    eng|CalvinCookies|PAR|||||Participant|||
@ID:    eng|CalvinCookies|INV|||||Investigator|||

Compare the example from the CHAT manual (p.21):

@ID: eng|macwhinney|CHI|2;10.10||||Target_Child|||

@ID: eng|macwhinney|FAT|35;2.||||Target_Child|||

I've just downloaded the latest version of CLAN; I'm on a mac.

Thank you in advance,

Alex