Having difficulty using KWAL command to search for strings which involve periods

Brian MacWhinney macw at cmu.edu
Tue Apr 18 04:20:28 UTC 2017

Yes, the problem is your use of periods.  CLAN considers the period to be a sentence delimiter.  I replaced them with a dash and then used the command
kwal +s"see-V-INFIN*"  +t%aut test.cha
There were no problems.  The example with one line changed is attached.  It should easy enough to fix these using a GREP command.

-Brian MacWhinney