code switching

Nan Bernstein Ratner nratner at umd.edu
Thu Aug 10 17:38:23 UTC 2017

Hi, for a project involving bilingual children, we want to indicate if an
entire utterance shifts to the secondary language within a conversation
(e.g., in having a conversation in English, shifting an entire utterance to
French). We'd like to be able to investigate fluency issues surrounding
such events. Has anyone developed a code for this that allows efficient
search?

Nan

Nan Bernstein Ratner, F-, H-ASHA, F-AAAS, ABCLD
Professor
Hearing and Speech Sciences
University of Maryland
0100 Lefrak Hall
College Park, MD 20742
nratner at umd.edu, 301-405-4217

Co-director: FluencyBank (www.fluency.talkbank.org);
http://languagefluency.umd.edu/

ADVANCE Professor, College of Behavioral and Social Sciences
Director, University of Maryland Autism Research Consortium (UMARC),
www.autism.umd.edu
Faculty, Language Science (languagescience.umd..edu), Neuroscience &
Cognitive Neuroscience (NACS, nacs.umd.edu), Developmental Science Field
Committee

http://hesp.umd.edu/facultyprofile/bernstein%20ratner/nan

My PubMed Bibliography
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/myncbi/1-UVaaDdREZ/bibliography/40436718/public/?sort=date&direction=ascending>