KWAL ignoring repetitions

Brielle Stark brielle.stark at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:41:13 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I'm running KWAL for selected content words in a sample. I do not want to
include any word specified as a target [: target] or as a coded error [* s]
or [* phon]. For other analyses (in freq), we've used -sm@* and -sm** to
specify this. I tried to use this same specification for KWAL analysis but
the output still considered words within targets.

For instance:

kwal +d4 -sm** -sm@* +sfairy +sdress +t*PAR  @

and output line for a person's transcript was:

but the fowry [: fairy] [* phon] took [* s] a dress
%mor: conj|but det:art|the n|fairy v|take&PAST det:art|a n|dress .
Is there any way to tell KWAL to ignore what is in the target brackets and
also to ignore any word followed by an error code? Many thanks,

Brie

--
*Brielle Stark, PhD*
Post Doctoral Fellow in Communication Sciences and Disorders, University of
t: +1 803-777-9240, alternate email: stark2 at mailbox.sc.edu
Aphasia Lab: http://web.asph.sc.edu/aphasia/
Center for the Study of Aphasia Recovery: http://web.asph.sc.edu/cstar/