Complex syntax

Cynthia Core core at gwu.edu
Thu Aug 24 15:48:35 UTC 2017

Thanks, Brian.

We just ran the frequency count for the grammatical complexity analysis on
our Spanish data, and we noticed that there were only two types of
complexity identified:
- CMOD and COMP

Other complex sentence types (e.g, XCOMP, NJCT, etc) are not present in the
output at all, so does that mean that those types are not identified by MOR?

We ran MOR on the files using the Spanish MOR library, then the frequency
for each identified syntactic type identified on the %gra tier. This
procedure worked well for English, but we just noticed that there were only
two types of complex sentences in the output files for Spanish.

You mentioned the procedure used for English might work reasonably well for
Spanish, so we are curious about the mismatch in the output.

Thanks,
Cynthia

core at gwu.edu
202 994 7364