Discrepancy between KIDEVAL and VOCD statistics

Nick Riches nick.riches at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 14:55:57 UTC 2017

Hi.

I'm posting a query on behalf of a student who has noted a high VOCD,
calculated using KIDEVAL. The child is aged 4;2. The VOCD score in KIDEVAL
is around 85. However, when the VOCD program is used, the score falls to
59. I've reproduced the commands below

kideval @ +LinkAge +leng +t*CHI: +dfp~"4;-4;5"
vocd  +t*CHI @

The KIDEVAL VOCD is close to the population mean, suggesting that it's
being calculated in a consistent manner. However, I'm struggling to
understand the discrepancy with the score calculated by the VOCD program.

NB I would like to upload the manuscript itself, but the student project
has quite strict confidentiality rules.

Thanks

Nick