CLAN error messages

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed May 3 17:50:49 UTC 2017

Jonathan,

1. This means that the symbol in the file is not the standardized symbol for that tier for that case. The symbol in question will be either highlighted in the text or specified in the CHECK command's output, depending on which one gave you the message. The reason could be a typo in the text file or you can see CHAT manual for the correct symbol you need to use in that instance. The depfile.cut is located in "CLAN/lib" directory, if you want to quickly see the choices that you have. Without know what the symbol was I can't recommend you what to do.

2. This one is self evident. CHAT format does not allow blank lines. I don't know why, but is has been the rule for as long as I remember. May people in charge should reconsider that rule.

3. This mean that some symbol that is expected to come in pairs is missing its counterpart. This could mean the you have "(", but not ")", or the like. I can't say any more without seeing the symbol from the error message

Leonid.