Eval function on CLAN

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue May 9 21:08:42 UTC 2017

Jonathan,

There are several reasons why it might happen. The most likely reason is that the input .cha files do not have %mor tier. The lesser likely reason is that GEM specified on command line does not exist in input files or speakers did not say anything or the speakers specified with +t option are not present in input files. The last reason could be that you have a bad version of CLAN.

Make sure you have the latest version of CLAN. Make sure that your input files have %mor tiers, if they don't, then if you have the grammar for language used in data files, then run MOR command to add %mor tiers. If you don't have the right grammars installed, then use "File->Get MOR Grammar" menu to download and install the right grammar, then run MOR. After that run EVAL again.

When you are running EVAL look in the CLAN Output window for any error messages that EVAL command gives you. Those error messages will tell you what could be wrong.

Finally, if nothing works email to me input data files that give you problem along with command line you used and I will try to figure out what could be wrong.

Leonid.