VOCD

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Nov 19 03:38:14 UTC 2017

Hi,

	The manual is out of date. The "-s at exclude" option should have been "-s at exclude.cut" instead. The "exclude.cut" is a file that should be in the same directory where the data files are. It is used to list words that you would want to exclude from analyses by VOCD command, in case you do want to exclude some words from analyses .

If you have the latest CLAN you can run just VOCD command in "Commands" window and it will give you the list of all options and their meanings that VOCD can take and at the end it will list few example commands that you can run. I would assume you might try command "vocd +t*CHI +sm;*,o% 68.cha". To find out the meaning of "+sm;*,o%" option run command "vocd +sm" or look in CLAN manual under section "7.10.7 FREQ for the %mor line".

I also assume you have already gotten sample data file "68.cha" from examples archive at URL "http://talkbank.org/examples.zip".

Leonid.