Windows 10 Pro CLAN problems

Nan Ratner Lab nanratnerlab at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 17:31:00 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I am having some problems with CLAN on my Surface Book, which is running
Windows 10 Pro.

The problems are:
-When I triple click in the check or MOR output, it brings up a new window
for every error. So, if I had 10 errors to fix, I end up with 10 copies of
the file open.
-When I open CLAN files through the file explorer, each file opens a new
background copy of CLAN. If I open 5 different files, I have to exit 5 CLAN
windows (after closing down each file), when I am exiting CLAN.
-Controlling my cursor is difficult in CLAN, and not in any other programs.
It blinks on and off in CHAT files and I am required to move it slowly and
carefully in order to click in the desired place. I have perfect control
over the cursor in Word and all other programs I use.

We have a large lab with other PC users, and have not heard other
complaints about these problems. As far as I know, none of our lab members
are using Surface Books.

I would be grateful for any advice on how to resolve these issues.

Best,
Julianne Garbarino