gestures coded without objects, and obtaining parser input

Karin cox.karin.m at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 04:55:08 UTC 2017

Thanks for the quick response!   I don't think that porting to Unix should
be necessary.  I could use another OS.   I also now see that FLO might be
sufficient.   Some example output from FLO might illustrate what I was
trying to say.

Here's an example sentence:

*PAR:    and they whole [: all] [* s:r] <mushed up into> [//]
    &=hands:together &=laughs mushed in together .
%mor:    coord|and pro:sub|they post|all v|mush-PAST adv|in adv|together .

Here's the FLO output, using the +d option and +t*PAR:
*PAR:    and they all mushed in together .
%mor:    coord|and pro:sub|they post|all v|mush-PAST adv|in adv|together .

I think when I said "what the parser sees", this was motivated by the fact
that the %mor line reflects the dependency parse after a lot of
postprocessing (e.g., removal of repetition, replacement with annotator's
suggested word, etc).  If I were to use an external parsing program, I
would want it to see the results of that postprocessing, rather than the
original text with all its annotations.  And it looks like FLO might be
getting something close to that.

Thanks again for your help --
-Karin