gestures coded without objects, and obtaining parser input

Davida Fromm fromm at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Sep 24 00:53:25 UTC 2017

Karin,

I will answer your first question.  The transcriber did not forget a colon.  The speaker repeated the word “two” in revising “two pieces to “two slices”.  Whether it was an “empty gesture” may depend on your definition of an empty gesture.  It was probably relatively imprecise if it was flagged simply as &=ges, but the best thing to do is to view the video at the Browsable database or by downloading the relevant media file.  The files are set up so that each utterance is linked to the video so you can search for that utterance and play it and watch the video.  Please send an email directly to me (fromm at andrew.cmu.edu <mailto:fromm at andrew.cmu.edu>) if you want more information about the gesture coding or video playback options.

-Davida