how to use the cut file to include and exclude words with freq

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Dec 14 05:02:31 UTC 2018

Janet,

	The problem with your '+s”[- eng]” +s at english.cut' command is that the +s”[- eng]” option tell FREQ to only look on utterances that have "[- eng]" pre-code. So if words from "english.cut" file are not present on utterances with "[- eng]" pre-code, then those word will not be found.

The command "freq +u +o3 +f +l +s*@s:eng" is the right choice. If you want lemmas, then you need to add "+sm;*,o% +d7" options. Try command:

freq +u +o3 +f +l +sm;*,o% +s*@s:eng +d7

If this doesn't work, then please email to me directly some sample file of your data to see what FREQ has to work with.

Leonid.