verb lemmas and their frequencies

Naomi Shin naomilshin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:11:52 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm quite new to working with CHILDES.

I am trying to extract all verb lexemes and their associated frequencies
from all Spanish files on CHILDES.  So far, I created a folder with only
the Spanish files that have the %mor tier. I have been able to run > freq
+sm"r-v,o-%" *.cha

and the program runs, but the output is 0 for each file even though when I
open files randomly, I do see examples of verbs coded as verbs in the %mor
tier.

I'd be so grateful for any suggestions you have. I'd also be very happy to
hire a tutor if you know of anyone who might be interested and who has the
relevant expertise.

Thank you so much,
Naomi Shin