repetitions: tokens and %mor analysis

Cynthia Audisio cpaudisio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 17:38:33 UTC 2019

Dear chibolts,

We have transcribed natural interactions with children using [/] to
indicate repetitions (e.g., mamá [/] mamá [/] mamá). When we use Freq
command to calculate types and tokens, repetitions aren't count as
different tokens. Thus, mamá [/] mamá [/] mamá yields "1  Total number of
items (tokens)". Is there a way to include these repetitions in the token
count?

The same with the %mor tier. %mor disregards repeated words. Instead we'd
like to have one morphological analysis for every word (whether or not
repeated) in the utterance.

Thanks!

Cynthia