Running MLU on selected codes

hanneindregaard at gmail.com hanneindregaard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 19:39:52 UTC 2019

Hi,
I’ve coded parent-child interactions using the %spa-line. The coding is
performed on a turn level, meaning that one turn can contain of several
utterances. In those instances where a turn consist of two or more
utterances, I’ve used the @Bg and @Eg symbols, to mark the start and end of
a turn, like this:

@Bg

*MOT: shall mummy taste.

*MOT: that was good.

%spa: CONT:resp

@Eg

Now I want to compare MLU on utterances coded with one specific code (e.g.
%spa:CONT:resp) with the MLU on utterances coded with other codes (e.g.
%spa:IN:tru and %spa:IN:resp). Is there a way to do this in CLAN?

Thank you,
Hanne