Unusual KIDEVAL output for a young child - sample MLU of 100

Nick Riches nick.riches at gmail.com
Thu May 2 16:16:42 UTC 2019

Hi

I'm getting unusual KIDEVAL output for a young child. It shows the sample
MLU as 100. The standard deviation is NA based on 213 transcripts. This is
data from a student I am supervising. I have quickly looked at her
transcript and the procedure for running KIDEVAL and both of these seem to
be okay. I was wondering if something had gone wrong with the
standardisation? The child is on the young side (age band 1;6 to 1;11) and
I was wondering if this might something to do with the odd result.

Unfortunately I am unable to upload the transcript due to confidentiality
(we are quite strict about this, especially as it's a student assignment),
but I have attached the KIDEVAL report.

Thanks and best wishes.

Nick