Coding issues with isolation of verbal morphology

'Harry Caulton' via chibolts chibolts at googlegroups.com
Tue Nov 12 15:26:08 UTC 2019

I am attempting to isolate verbs by morphological type in the Brown corpus
starting with the past tense. I have found that using:

freq +sm|*v - t*CHI +u *.CHA

It allows me to isolate verb stems and all morphological suffixes. However,
when I change this code to:

freq +sm;*v,|-past - t*CHI +u *.CHA

I get 0 results. Which is confusing as I've added the marker for regular
past tense morphology which should logically yield all regular past test
verbs. I've reread the CLAN and MOR manuals but I cannot seem to find
anything related to where to place the relevant information in the code.

Would anyone be able to assist me here? Many thanks in advance for your
time.