Creating dependent tiers

Remei González Manzanero remeigonzalez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 11:56:03 UTC 2019

Hello again,

Sorry for opening again this topic. The second chstring command worked
perfectly, but I tried again the 1rst. one *chstring +s"\**" "\**%aaa:\t\n"
-w +1 *.cha* and it didn’t give me the output I was looking for. It gave me:

\namesubject:          sentence .

*%aaa:

That it, it introduces a *\* before the participants’ name, it supresses
the *** and writes the *** before the name of the dependent tier.

I’ve been trying to execute the command chstring in CLAN, looking for the
most suitable regular expression to be replaced. I searched the expression
“period followed by an endline” to replace it for that same one plus %aaa,
that is,  *.\n*, and I wanted to replace it for *.\n%aaa*, executing the
next command:

*chstring +s".\n" ".\n%aaa –w +1 *

But it doesn’t replace it. I believe that the search function in CLAN can’t
search the endline using \n, although it works when that is what’s
replaced. Is that so?

The easiest solution I found is doing the replacement using an editor, but
I am really curious about it and I wanted to ask if that’s the case.

On the other side, using the editor to do the replacements, it also
happened that * before the participant’s name was erased, so for some
reason I had to replace it for the same expression  + the dependent’s tier
+ an asterisk at the end because this one was erased.

 Thank you in advance and thank you for your help.

Regards,

*---*
*Remei González Manzanero*
 remeigonzalez at gmail.com <remeigonzalez at gmail.com>