Exporting freq (Types, Tokens, TTR), MLU, D (Optimum) to Excel

Toh An popsune1 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 29 06:08:57 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have some questions about exporting freq (Types, Tokens, TTR), MLU,
D(Optimum) to Excel.

Firstly, for freq, I tried using this formula to export the results to
Excel but it gives me the freq counts of all languages rather than only one
of the two languages in the transcripts:

freq +d2 +t*CHI -t%mor at ID="*target_child*"

How can I modify the above formula so that it exports the freq including
Type, Token, and TTR results of a specific language only such as Mandarin
instead of all languages? I have two languages - eng and zho in the CHAT
transcripts and would like to have only the freq results of Mandarin words.

Secondly, how do I export MLU and D(Optimum) results of only Mandarin
language in bilingual CHAT transcripts to Excel?

I tried modifying the formula for freq above to MLU and D(Optimum) but it
did not output the results to an Excel sheet just like it did for freq:

mlu +d1 +t*CHI -t%mor at ID="*target_child*"

vocd +d1 +t*CHI -t%mor at ID="*target_child*"

How can I modify the above formulas so that (1) only Mandarin language
values are calculated and (2) the results of MLU and vocd can be exported
to an Excel sheet?

Thank you.