warning in installing CLAN

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Apr 30 15:59:10 UTC 2020

Hi,

	We had reports once in a while that some virus protection software are very sensitive to CLAN installer. We tell people to overwrite software. You mentioned that only one student's laptop does not boot up. If CLAN was causing this then everyone who installed CLAN would experiences this problem. Computer viruses are not as selective as live ones are and infect everyone equally. If other students do not have the same problem after installing CLAN, then the one student who is experiencing the problem must have some other issue with that laptop.

Leonid.