New way to transcribe song lyrics?

Brian MacWhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Feb 22 00:48:13 UTC 2020

Dear Lulu,
     I can't think of any change at any point that was specifically about marking songs.  I think perhaps you are referring to a change made three years ago in the method for marking quotations.  If that is what you are referring to, then there is indeed an easy way of marking that a whole utterance is a quotation.  This is to precede the utterance with +"   Is that possibly what you might be referring to?

-- Brian MacWhinney, Teresa Heinz
Professor of Cognitive Psychology,
Computational Linguistics,
and Modern Languages, CMU