Is there a MOR program for Korean?

Brian MacWhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 8 19:36:34 UTC 2020

Dear Linda,

As Leonid noted, yes, we do have an initial attempt at a grammar.  I have added a link to it on the https;//talkbank.org/morgrams page.  Looking at the simplicity of the cr rules in comparison to the known complexity of Korean morphology, I hadn't considered it ready for distribution.  However, if you are willing to give it a try and perhaps develop it further, that would be great.  Somewhat naively, I have also wondered whether making reference to some of the methods in the Japanese MOR grammar might help in the development of the Korean MOR.

We try to use the chibolts at googlegroups.com list for messages about the nuts and bolts of CHILDES programs, so I am posting my answer to your question over there instead of info-childes which is for more general issues about child language.

-- Brian MacWhinney