Morphological strings

S. Cipitria Iturria s.cipitria at student.rug.nl
Mon Mar 9 13:48:41 UTC 2020

Dear all,

We are studying morphosyntactic alignment. For morphology, we need to
detect strings that follow the same order of morphological items (e.g. noun
followed by an adjective, etc.). We have come up with the following codes:

- *cooccur -t* +t% +o file.cha*
     This gives a list with instances of the %mor tier; however, it takes
the word into account, e.g.: n|truth, and we do not want to take the actual
word (truth) into account, but rather its morphological category.
- *combo +t% +s"n|*^adj|*^v**|*" file.cha*
     This gives all the instances of the string. However, we find ourselves
forced to guess all possible string combinations.

We would like to know whether there is a code that combines these two
options, in which strings (and the number of instances in which they happen
within the transcript) could be identified without having to guess the
possible combinations.

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Saioa