unresponsive conversations

Molly Ye mengzhen.ye at gmail.com
Fri May 1 15:59:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

I ran into a problem while transcribing videos where a teacher talks to a
child but the child is unresponsive to the teacher, then the child says
something to a peer. On the transcript, it seems that the child's utterance
to the peer is a response to the teacher while in fact, it is not. Because
we are transcribing conversations in a classroom setting, it is confusing
sometimes as it shows on transcripts that we cannot tell apart unrelated
conversation turns. Is there any solution to this?

Thank you!
Molly