Mac Issue: Continuation of main lines

Brian Macwhinney macw at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 9 21:57:50 UTC 2021

Unfortunately, there is no way to translate Pinyin to Hanzi.  I really wish there were.  This is due to the high level of ambiguity in Pinyin, even with tone marks.  However, one would think that, for basic vocabulary, a rough approximation would work.  There are some online sites that pretend to do this, but they don’t really work.  Alas.

— Brian