Participant ID

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Aug 11 16:36:26 UTC 2021

There is another reason to keep speaker codes simple and uniform. Some commands require specifying speaker code with +t option to run analyses on data files. If you have many different speaker codes, such as c0002, c0003, c0004 and so on, then when you run commands on multiple data files, for example *.cha, you will have to use +t option to specify all different speaker codes that you have in your data files. The best solution would be to have one consistent *STU: code for all students and the way you can distinguish one subject from another is by filename or by @ID code. This way you can run command like KWAL or FREQ on *.cha with just one +t*STU option. You can edit @ID headers with "Tiers->ID headers" menu.

For example your data file would look like this:

@Begin
@Languages:	zho
@Participants:	STU IDc0002 Student
@ID:	zho|corpus|STU|0;00.00||||Student||IDc0002|