Freqmerg and neologisms

Birsu Kandemirci birsukandemirci at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:52:04 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I have two questions about freqmerg and neologism functions on CLAN.

1) When using freqmerg, is there a way to create an excel spreadsheet? I've
been trying to add +d2 to the freqmerg code but the output seems to suggest
it's invalid. I will end up with a big document (hoping to merge around 100
stories to look for commonly used words) and having tried with smaller
freqmerg outputs, it doesn't seem straightforward to copy-paste the output
to excel and work on it manually.

2) We are using @n (neologisms) as a way to highlight grammatical mistakes
and/or typos. We were hoping that it would be possible to count the number
of words tagged with @n with a specific code but so far we couldn't seem to
find it. Is the best way to count them manually?

Please let me know if you need further clarification re my questions. Thank
you!

Best wishes,
Birsu