Differences in MOR output using macOS and Linux

Leandro Garber leandrogarber at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 16:47:16 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

We are processing some CHA files with MOR and we are finding differences
between the same files processed on Linux and on MacOS.

Both using the latest version of MOR for english downloaded from
https://talkbank.org/morgrams/

Some examples:
-------------------
*FA1:        well it ended up there in your pile

MacOS:
%mor:        co|well pro:per|it v|end-PAST prep|up n|there prep|in
det:poss|your
        n|pile .
Linux:
%mor:        co|well pro:per|it v|end-PAST *adv*|up *adv*|there prep|in
        det:poss|your n|pile .
------------------------------
*MA1:        Morgan doesn't bite .

MacOS:
%mor:        n:prop|Morgan mod|do&3S~neg|not v|bite .
Linux:
%mor:        n:prop|Morgan mod|do&3S~neg|not *n*|bite .
-------------------------------

We are using CLAN from the UI in macOS and on Linux we are using:
mor +L/path/to/lib/eng [chaFilePath]
post +d/path/to/lib/eng/post.db [chaFilePath]
postmortem +L/path/to/lib/eng $1
megrasp +L/path/to/lib/eng $1

We found that on Linux post, postmortem and megrasp don't automatically run
so we manually do it.

Am I missing something ? Shouldn't the output be the same ?

Thanks in advance,
Leandro.