GEM with +d not producing any output files

zeynep...@gmail.com zeynep.ersin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 13:52:25 UTC 2021

Dear all,

My student is working with a dataset from the frog story corpora and have
difficulty exporting results in an excel sheet using the following command
(there are 15 pictures so 15 gem header lines per participant, that's why
we use the s switch in the following command):

gem +n +s”01”+d  +t*CHI

We tried +d +d0 +d1 +d2 also +d6 and +d8 with no luck (also receiving the
message 'the only +d levels allowed are 0-2').

What we expect that the output file will give us the information in the ID
header (eg., participant ID, age)  along with the actual utterance(s) per
@G (and if possible which line in the whole CHAT file that utterance
corresponds to, for example @G: 01 lines 1-3).

Many thanks for your kind help in advance.

Best regards,
Zeynep Köylü