chat to text conversion (accents in Spanish)

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 28 19:20:28 UTC 2021

Elnaz,

I am not familiar with Adobe Acrobat DC, so I will defer to Brian's email.

The problem with the university upload of the txt files to the university database is something that people who support this process need to clarify. It is possible that they expect some BOM character at the beginning of the txt file to explicitly indicate the text encoding. It would be best if you tell them that those text files are UTF-8 text encoding and let them say what they believe is missing in those files for them to get the upload right. Normally newer text editors can automatically detect the text file encoding and adjust their display accordingly.

Leonid.