problems with Coder mode for Mac users

Leonid Spektor spektor at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 13 20:01:41 UTC 2021

Michelle,

	I have fixed the two issues that you have reported. New CLANc is on the web.

If your students get a message "Please finish coding current line first." and they don't know how to proceed or get out of that state, then they can press ESC-e to get out of coders mode and get back to editor mode. The ESC-e or menu "Mode->Coder mode" lets you toggle between those two mode. While in coder mode any direct editing in text window is disabled to make sure that text cursor is not moved accidentally. This is the reason for the error message to finish coding first.

Leonid.