Utterance-level information

Bridget Rennard bridgetrennard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 20:45:42 UTC 2021

Hi,

Thank you for the response! To clarify, I'm looking at MLU and/or number of
morphemes per line for the two speakers (Mom and child) that are in the
transcriptions I'm working with. The conversational turn option with the -u
switch gave me some interesting information, but I am hoping to get more
specific information for each line apart from conversational turn. For
example, something like this:

*MOM:     what is that ? (3 morphemes)
*CHI:         ball . (1 morpheme)

Does that make sense? Based on the codes you described I'm not sure if any
of them would give this type of information.

Thank you,
Bridget