can we get a count of the different types of gems in a transcript?

Michelle Barton mbarton at ncf.edu
Tue Dec 6 15:51:00 UTC 2022

Hi-

We would like to use gems to identify 3 different types of conversations.
*Is there a way to generate a freq count for each GEM type per transcript?*

I saw a previous post with the suggestion for:
freq -y +s\@Bg filename.cha

This gives the total number of all gems, but not a count of each of the 3
different GEM types.
I tried adding the name of the gem to +s\@Bg, but this then gives 0
counts.  Is there some other switch to use to get the GEM subset totals?

Thank you for your help!
Michelle